Jan 22, 2007

VC vs SNES emulation on XBox ...fight!

Today big N released Zelda: A Link to the Past which we all know is a awesome game. So I buy it and play with it, looks great and plays the way I remember. But how does it compare to say SNES emulation on a XBox. Well I bought the game on VC and I own it for GBA so I should have the right to download it and emulate it any time I want, because I own it...twice. Anyways ;-D

I loaded up Zelda on VC and put link in the dungeons near his dying friend and did the same for the XBox. Now at first I seen that the XBox version was brighter.. so I went into the options and seen what was wrong, it wasn't at 480p (like the Wii version) and the screen is off..so I fixed the screen position. And I went back and forth for 15 minutes and the only difference I seen was that the screen position was slightly off but nothing I can't easily fix.

What about the sound...here is where the VC has the advantage over the XBox emulation. So who emulates better.. At first it sounds the same by listening to the music and slashing the sword. But when Link opened a keyed door, I heard a clunk for the XBox version, on the VC version, you here a clink. Granted I don't have a SNES with me, but I think it suppose to go clink not clunk. Sounds like a pitch problem.

As for controls, I prefer the Wii classic controller anytime over the XBox controller. It just seems more realistic to me than a over sized controller and the buttons are miss placed.. But you have to consider that the classic controller was designed for VC's games.

Winner?? Well if you want the same exact experience as you got with your SNES, obviously the VC version with the Classic Controller... If you don't care what controls you are using(XBox Controller or keyboard) and really don't have a ear for a clunk instead of a clink. (I really never noticed till I compared) and you already own the game for GBA and don't like looking at a little screen, then the XBox.

No comments: